Selection Sunday is only three weeks away. A lot of teams have work left to do. By no means are JJ and I experts, but we did our field of 65.
JJ’s field is under his brainwork.
– Beat Memphis on road. #1 in RPI and #2 in SOS
– loss might help them. 6-1 vs. RPI top 50.
– No team can say they have wins over Tennessee, Kansas and UCLA
– Five wins vs. RPI top 50.
– Loss against Washington hurts chances at one seed
– Need a healthy Lawson to push for one seed
– Could be best team in the nation just not playing well
– Playing the best ball in the Big East.
– Just don’t look very impressive
– In my mind, still the best team in the Big Ten.
– 6-1 against top 50. RPI 6 SOS 18
– 5 wins against top 25. Get Dyson back
– SOS (135) keeping them from being a 3 seed.
– 9-1 in last 10 games.
– Purdue only team to ruin conference slate
– Love the win at Butler
– Too bad NCAA tourney isn’t in Joyce Center. Just 5-5 record in road and neutral court games.
– Two losses to Iowa and Penn State really hurt
– Don’t like the SOS (143)
– Good CPU numbers (RPI 17 SOS 19), but 5 losses to teams inside RPI 50 is troubling
– Only 5-5 in last 10 games
– Have won 6 straight
– No marquee win
– Still have Beasley and win over Kansas
– Need to beat Saint Mary’s at home on Saturday
– Win over Duke carrying them
– I’ll reward them for best SOS, but 0-5 against RPI top 25.
– Loss against Stephen F. Austin confuses me
– Weak SOS (155). Only good win against Gonzaga
– Really struggling lost last three
– Louisville win looking better and better and Steve Young went there
– 4-1 vs. RPI top 25
– 2-7 record vs. RPI top 50 hurts
– Played a tough schedule (SOS 16) and have win at UNC
– 8-5 against top 100 and what have you done for me lately? Beat Duke
– Win against Kansas State really helps.
– This team could very well get to 11 wins in the Big East
– Really struggling. Lost 3 of last 4.
– Beat Mississippi State
– Not that impressed. Best win over in-state rival Mississippi.
– Great win against Rhode Island and Strong SOS (24)
– Second in strong A-10. Win over Villanova looking better
– Strong RPI (34) and experienced
– Hanging by a thread
– Great win at Saint Mary’s Saturday
– Loss to Memphis almost looks like a win
– Give me another team with a win over a top 10 RPI team and a better combination of RPI (47) and SOS (17). Still have a lot of work to do.
– Must be rewarded for playing tough teams
13-16 seeds – Auto Bids
Last Four Out