– Huge win at Duke locks up number one seed. Won 8 straight without a healthy Ty Lawson
– Beat Memphis on road. #1 in RPI and #1 in SOS
– loss might help them. 8-1 vs. RPI top 50.
– Big recovery against Stanford and California. Can’t knock them for winning.
– Strong end of season, but soft SOS (80)
– No team can say they have wins over Tennessee, Kansas and UCLA
– Five wins vs. RPI top 25.
– I like Louisville more, but Georgetown is best team in Big East in regular season
– Weakness of Big Ten shown by each teams SOS [Wisconsin (69), Michigan State (51), Indiana (52), Purdue (117)]
– might be most dangerous team in conference come tourney time
– 7-1 against top 50. RPI 9 SOS 24
– Two losses hurt, but still second in toughest conference in nation
– 5 wins against top 25
– Could use good showing in Big Ten Tournament
– Despite losing 2 of last 3, still have 14 wins in Big Ten.
– Too bad NCAA tourney isn’t in Joyce Center, but should still be rewarded for great season
– MVC Champs WILL make some serious noise in the tournament
– This team beat Tennessee right? I forgot about that after losses to Arkansas and Alabama
– Mediocre team outside of East Lansing and I’m not happy that they helped out Ohio State
– OVERRATED… by me too. Good CPU numbers (RPI 21 SOS 31), but 8 losses to teams inside RPI 50 is troubling
–Two wins this week to get to 11-7 in toughest conference in the nation
– Louisville win looking better and better and Steve Young went there
– We’ll see if they can win the WCC
– Don’t like the SOS (162). Needs to win Horizon for its sake and bubble sake
– Not that impressed. This is what happens when you have a sub-par conference and one mediocre team happens to just beat all the other mediocre teams.
– I can see this team getting bounced early
– No marquee win, but have taken care of business vs. teams below them
– Recovered with two wins this week. Win over Kansas goes a long way
– Recovered against Cincy after blowout against West Virginia
– Won Last three, but really missing that standout victory
– Weak SOS (148). Only good win against Gonzaga
– Win over Duke still looks great, but loss to FSU not so much
– Strong RPI (28) and experienced
– Ran through weak conference and must be rewarded for playing tough teams close (UNC, Duke, UCLA)
– Win over Baylor got team to 8-8 in conference and have win over Texas
– That’s what I’m talking about (Won last 6). Have non-conference win over bubble team Syracuse
– I’ve knocked this team a lot, but won 6 of last 7 and that one loss was by 3 @ Tenn
– Very inconsistent. Won four then lost five of next eight
– 7-3 against RPI Top 100 isn’t bad, but can’t be losing to Bowling Green
– Strong RPI (31) and despite losing to Drake three times, this team has beaten down on teams in tough Missouri Valley conference including sweeps of Creighton and Southern Illinois
– 5-6 vs. RPI top 25, but horrible computer numbers (RPI 74, SOS 87). Might have to do with blowout losses to Illinois and Nebraska
– Sweep of Arizona leaves team with 9-9 record in tough Pac-10 and 4 wins over RPI Top 50.
– Got huge win vs. Marquette to get to 9-9 in Big East. Elimination game vs. Villanova in first round of Big East Tournament on Wednesday
– Needs to beat Michigan State once more in Big Ten Quarterfinals
– Followed great win over Xavier up with loss at Dayton. Still have some work to do in tournament
Last Four Out
Mississippi – Won last three to get to 7-9 in conference and committee could really look at the 5 wins over RPI top 50 (Vandy, Clemson, South Alabama, Mississippi State and Arkansas)
VCU – Maybe it would get an at-large spot if it got to the CAA finals
Florida – Really tanked down the stretch with three losses (two at home). Only 8-8 in SEC
Maryland – Only good win against UNC. Have lost 4 of 5.